Mar 2, 2015

#handmade #minimalism #2

I made a list. Another one full of dreams wishing to come true this year. And I wanted to post it so much on the blog. But then I decided to wait. And I am finding out that some things have been worth waiting for. As this custom made handbag. It is a Christmas gift I gave myself for all the work I did last year. It wasn´t an easy one. However as this year some of the things on the list have already happened without any special calculation, I need to admit, this saying of "going back to the roots" starts to have a different meaning for me. Because the most precious things in life should not be disclosed unless they are real in their fullness. Appreciated deeply and in quiet happiness.. 


 I am discovering (and hopefully I haven´t been that absent-minded as it sounds) that the handcrafts and preserving precious things is better than buying new ones. I have always dreamed of a perfect bag. And perfect pair of sandals. Perfect skirt. And therefore I still have half of the closet waiting for somebody in need who needs clothes for wearing and caring, somebody who REALLY needs them.


 For I am discovering that perfect does not always need to be the most expensive thing or something that I crave for only for few minutes or days. Sometimes it is the love and attention to detail behind it, what makes things (or people) to be perfect. Just as they are. Without dreaming of changing it.
Am I becoming a real fool or finally there are some signs of an adulthood? Only God knows. 
But I am thankful. 

This time next week I am in Zanzibar. Finally resting. And testing. And breathing. And deciding. 
What kind of life I REALLY want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment